These energy bites have shown up in my snacking routines pretty frequently lately. I initially wanted to make a PB & J version…but I didn’t have any J to add to them. But vanilla protein powder and peanut butter went together surprisingly well! Lo and behold, the outcome was a batch of delicious vanilla peanut butter energy bites.
Vanilla Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Yield 15 bites
- 1/2 cup natural or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops About Time vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together into a bowl. If you use natural peanut butter, you may need to add a few more oats, since it can have a thinner consistency. If you the mix is too dry, add more PB!
- Roll together into 15-16 balls.
- Stick in freezer for 1 hour minimum before eating. Store in refrigerator.
Serving Size 1 bite
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These bites come in around 100 calories a serving, with about 7 g protein. You could add a little more protein powder to substitute for other dry ingredients if desired!