Follow my blog with Bloglovin’
So it’s been a while since I first made these Tuna Quinoa Cakes. Somehow I ended up with a backed up ‘drafts’ section in my queue, and it’s finally their turn to shine!
My original intention for the cakes was to add crab to my zucchini cakes recipe. But crab and panko didn’t make the grocery cut that week. I made some substitutions to come up with something equally wonderful, and Tuna Quinoa Cakes were born.
Tuna Quinoa Cakes
- 2 4 oz cans tuna, drained
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup yellow squash, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate squash and zucchini. Wrap in a paper towel to squeeze out excess water. Add to a large bowl
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl with squash and zucchini.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray, and fill muffin cups to top with mixture. Should make about 7 cakes.
- Bake at for 20 minutes until heated thoroughly and browned.
Have you ever had tuna cakes? Do you like crab cakes? I think they’d be a great substitution for this recipe! I will be trying it soon!