Happy Friday, my friends!
I don’t know about you, but this week seemed to drag on forever for me. I got home from work at about 7:30 PM last night and started on dinner right away. I knew if I didn’t get to cooking immediately, it would probably be a dinner full of bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips with a side of white wine. Which really probably wouldn’t have been too bad, in all honesty.
Instead, since I was really in a ‘curl up on the couch and watch serial killer or vampire shows’ mood, I gave myself an ultimatum. Either empty the dishwasher and clean the kitchen or spend time writing a blog post—since I didn’t get around to drafting up a post on my train ride home. Instead of blogging, I watched replays of some great Periscopes by Lindsay and Katrina.
So, I’m terribly sorry my friends. On a whim I choose to empty the dishwasher.
Today I’m leaving you mostly with beautiful pictures of eggs and sauteed Brussels sprouts with asparagus pesto. I WILL tell you, though, that sauteeing Brussels sprouts might be my favorite method of preparation yet! Although they are well roasted, prepping them thinly sliced and sauteed was the bomb-diggity.
Now you’ll just have to go see for yourself!
PS. If you haven’t tried asparagus pesto yet, you haven’t been living.Print
Today I’m leaving you mostly with beautiful pictures of eggs and sauteed Brussels sprouts with asparagus pesto. I WILL tell you, though, that sauteeing Brussels sprouts might be my favorite method of preparation yet!
- 10 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons asparagus pesto
- Put a skillet over medium heat.
- Slice Brussels sprouts into ¼” thick pieces.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan, and swirl to cover the bottom.
- Add Brussels sprouts, and stir to coat in oil. Add seasonings and stir again.
- Continue to cook on medium for about 8 minutes until the sprouts are golden brown.
- Remove sprouts from the pan. Crack eggs into pan.
- Cook to your preference (I like mine over-hard).
- Serve eggs and Brussels sprouts with asparagus pesto.
- Category: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 dish
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 411 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 372 mg