Today I’m leaving you mostly with beautiful pictures of eggs and sauteed Brussels sprouts with asparagus pesto. I WILL tell you, though, that sauteeing Brussels sprouts might be my favorite method of preparation yet!
- 10 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons asparagus pesto
- Put a skillet over medium heat.
- Slice Brussels sprouts into ¼” thick pieces.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan, and swirl to cover the bottom.
- Add Brussels sprouts, and stir to coat in oil. Add seasonings and stir again.
- Continue to cook on medium for about 8 minutes until the sprouts are golden brown.
- Remove sprouts from the pan. Crack eggs into pan.
- Cook to your preference (I like mine over-hard).
- Serve eggs and Brussels sprouts with asparagus pesto.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 dish
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 411 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 372 mg