This poor Bubble-Up Pizza recipe got bumped a few times, but finally made its way into our oven on Sunday night. It’s a recipe Kyle’s mom has made in the past. We’ve made it once before, but it was a long time ago. It worked perfectly since we tend to love having pizza on Sunday nights!
Before we get to this Bubble-Up Pizza recipe, let’s review What I Ate Wednesday Sunday!
Breakfast was a nice batch of protein pancakes.
This is actually a picture from my pancakes on Monday, but they looked about the same!
The batter was made by blending 3 egg whites, 1/3 cup oats, 1/5 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 1/3 cup cottage cheese. Topped with banana, coconut, and honey!
I worked until almost 1:00 PM on Sunday without the availability of snacks, so I came home and made a delicious sandwich for lunch.
Whole wheat toast, a wedge of Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb, spinach, turkey, fried egg, and avocado. Quite the monster of a sandwich!
There was mostly laying around the rest of the day, and no food until dinner!Print
This poor Bubble-Up Pizza recipe got bumped a few times, but finally made its way into our oven on Sunday night.
- 1 16 oz package of buttermilk biscuits (we used reduced fat)
- 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 3.5 oz turkey pepperoni, cut in half
- 8 oz ground turkey (93/7)
- 5.75 oz can of black olives, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 3 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons basil
- 1.5 tablespoons oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey. Season with ½ tablespoon basil, ½ tablespoon oregano, ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour in tomato sauce. Add 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the biscuits into 1 inch pieces. Place into a large bowl, and press in the minced garlic.
- Add 1 cup of sauce, along with all of the meat, veggies and 2 cups of cheese (‘toppings’). Mix together well. Easiest if you use your hands!
- Pour mixture into a large baking pan that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour ½ cup of sauce over the top. Sprinkle on the last cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until biscuits are cooked all the way through.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 1/12 bake
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 887 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
There is no better cheat meal than pizza in my book!
Well, maybe ice cream.
Happy What I Ate Wednesday!