So it’s been a while since I first made these Tuna Quinoa Cakes. Somehow I ended up with a backed up ‘drafts’ section in my queue, and it’s finally their turn to shine!
- 2 4 oz cans tuna, drained
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup yellow squash, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate squash and zucchini. Wrap in a paper towel to squeeze out excess water. Add to a large bowl
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl with squash and zucchini.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray, and fill muffin cups to top with mixture. Should make about 7 cakes.
- Bake at for 20 minutes until heated thoroughly and browned.
- Category: Dinner, Appetizer