I know. I never cease to amaze you with my Mexican creations. I swear. I’ll make anything with taco seasoning!!
And creole is my new obsession that got thrown into the mix, too.
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Yield 4 servings
- 200 g sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- splash almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 mini bell peppers chopped
- 3 oz ground turkey (93/7)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a pan. While this is cooking, chop vegetables.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan. Layer chopped sweet potatoes and black beans on the bottom. Layer with ground turkey.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites together with almond milk. Stir in seasonings.
- Stir chopped peppers and onions into eggs. Pour mixture over layered ingredients in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, until eggs are set.
1 serving is 7 Weight Watchers points.
Serving Size 1/4 casserole
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.7 g
Unsaturated Fat 5.2 g
Cholesterol 437 mg
Sodium 476.1 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 22.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lunches last week were again grilled chicken, with brown rice and green beans! I always make green beans with some butter and salt and pepper. Because they are DELICIOUS served that way!
Afternoon snacks were bananas and cottage cheese…I should really spice these snacks up a little bit. Or change them up, I guess. I don’t think either one would be very good spicy with taco seasoning…you think?
Dinner – these were my eats from last week Thursday, by the way – was delicious! I went over to check out my sisters’ new apartment and they cooked for me. Brittany made some new things she found at Trader Joe’s the other day.
I STILL haven’t really shopped at Trader Joe’s. I know. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with me!
Now I need to go there and find this ricotta and lemon ravioli. I know it sounds like a strange combo, but it was so refreshing and tasty! She made the ravioli with some pesto, sauteed spinach and cherry tomatoes. We also had some steamed broccoli, and a side salad with a new dressing she also found at TJs.
The spinach and iceberg lettuce salad had walnuts on it, and a a champagne pear vinaigrette.
You know that I’m picky with vinaigrettes, but this one rocked my socks! Like, I need to try and start recreating this one now.
And there you have it – WIAW!