I go in and out of different food obsessions. And right now, my OBSESSION with these healthy sweet potato fries is definitely IN.
It’s the kind of obsession that when you’re finished eating them, you get a little sad that the food is gone. And think about driving home from work over your lunch break to make more…
I’ve never actually done that but definitely thought it a time or two. I am clearly more motivated about food than, really, for anything else.
How to make sweet potato fries?
To fix this crazy sweet potato fry craving, I bought a 10-pound bag of sweet potatoes at Costco last time I went. I don’t remember seeing them there before, and if they are only there for the holiday season, then I want it to be the holidays ALL.YEAR.LONG.
But not really, because I’d probably go crazy. I don’t know about you, but my December calendar is overflowing with events. Even during the week!
The hubs and I are social butterflies. We’re a rare form because we don’t EVER hibernate (wait, butterflies don’t do that, do they?) We could probably clip our wings or crawl in a cocoon at any time if we really wanted to. Sometimes we do when the ‘overwhelm’ kicks in. But right now, we’re full of ‘fa la la!’ and just rollin’ with it.
As we attend holiday gatherings (we decided yesterday amongst friends we’ll be having an NYE gathering this year, not a party. More sophisticated?) and host football parties, this sweet potato fries recipe will come in as the perfect healthy snack. They’re hearty, and the TASTE like a regular french fry… but guess what?
And they are the perfect side dish for burgers, chicken sandwiches, sliders…whatever it is you have on the menu!
Last week I used my garlic avocado salad dressing as a dipping sauce. I’m not really a big fan of ketchup, but I suppose if you like ketchup, it will go great with these, too!Print
This sweet potato fries recipe will come in as the perfect healthy snack. Learn how to make sweet potato fries quickly in a healthy way.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato in half, and again in quarters. Then cut potatoes into desired size of fry shapes. Mine are usually about ⅓ – ½ inch in thickness. Place cut potatoes in a bowl with a lid.
- Add garlic salt and oil to the bowl. (If using coconut oil, microwave so it is melted). Shake to completely coat fries.
- Spread on a sprayed baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes, and flip. Bake additional 10-12 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil. Once coals are orange, broil for 3 minutes until slightly browned/blackened. Pay CLOSE attention so you don’t burn them!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Snacks, Sides
And just like that, you have the best.snack.ever.
I’d advise making a BUNCH of sweet potato fries at once because if you only make a few, you’re not gonna want to share them. Seriously.
I’m actually in luck that Kyle doesn’t even like sweet potatoes. So I don’t have to feel selfish when I polish off the 10-pound bag!
If you’re looking for some other options for your next football party, try one of these!