Like any other decent recipe, this Crockpot Broccoli Potato Soup recipe uses a lot of vegetables. We’ve got broccoli, carrots, and onion in the mix.
- 4 regular/medium-sized russet potatoes (about 2.5 pounds), washed
- 1 large bunch broccoli, chopped
- 5 carrots, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 pound cubed ham
- 1.5 cup regular unsweetened almond milk
- Wash and peel potatoes. (I like to leave small pieces of the peel on them.) Dice into ½ inch cubes. Add to crockpot.
- Dice broccoli, carrots and onion and add to crockpot.
- Pour in 2.5 cups chicken broth and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- Use a potato masher to mash up veggies in crockpot. Mash to your desired consistency (I leave mine a little chunkier.)
- Add ham, cheese, almond milk, and last ½ cup of chicken broth. Mix well. (Add more chicken broth is you want a thinner consistency.)
- Cook on low additional hour, or until flavors are cooked in.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Category: Soup
- Serving Size: approx. 1¾–2 cups
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 995 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg