Experiment 1: Creamy Green Veggie Pasta Sauce. Success!
Experiment 2: Out of asparagus, sub in avocado. Also out of pasta… sub in brown rice.
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- splash of almond milk (~ one tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 10–15 cooked, shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute shrimp with minced garlic. Season to taste with pepper.
- To prepare green sauce, blend the Greek yogurt, avocado, spinach, almond milk, basil, and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix green sauce with brown rice, heat together in a sauce pan if rice isn’t hot.
- Layer avocado rice with shrimp.
- Garnish with something pretty.
- Category: Dinner