Asparagus pesto is a flavorful spread you can use on juuuuust about anything. Chicken, sandwiches, crackers, pasta, rice, quinoa, eggs, tacos… Like, the list is nearly endless.
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 2 cups spinach
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, diced or 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Chop your asparagus into 1-1.5 inch pieces. Cook until tender over medium heat in a skillet with the chicken broth, about 8 minutes.
- While cooking asparagus, toast your pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently, so they don’t burn.
- Add cooked asparagus and chicken broth, and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Process 3-5 minutes until you reach a smooth, pesto-like consistency.
- Serve on all your favorite foods!
- Category: Sauces & Seasoning