- Dried beans of choice
- Pour the number of beans you want to cook in a strainer. Remember that 2 cups of dried beans makes approximately 6 cups of cooked beans. Rinse thoroughly.
- Pick through any broken beans and discard, if desired.
- Add beans to a crockpot.
- Cover beans with water, about 1.5 inches above the level of the beans. You may need to knock beans down to the bottom, as some of them will tend to float.
- Set your crockpot to cook on high for 3.5 hours. Check your beans at this point, and if they aren’t done, add an additional 30 minutes or so.
- You’ll likely have some leftover water, so strain your beans again. Let cool and use as desired!