Homemade frozen breakfast burritos let you serve up a healthy 300 calories breakfast in less than two minutes!
- 1 16 oz carton egg whites (I use Kirkland brand)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2.5 cups black beans, cooked
- 3–4 cups spinach, chopped
- 18 large flour tortillas
- salt and pepper
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and egg whites. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Pour eggs into skillet. Scramble eggs until cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat, and let eggs cool to room temperature.
- Get out tortillas, and layer with eggs, cheese, black beans, and spinach.
- To roll tortillas, fold in two sides. Then roll up to form one side, keeping all contents in the center of the tortilla. Once rolled, place on a pan.
- Continue rolling, and place tortillas on the pan, with layers separated by tin foil. Place burritos into the freezer for about an hour.
- Once burritos are frozen through, place burritos in a ziplock or other freezer-safe container.
- To reheat, place on a plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then enjoy!
Nutrition facts do not include spinach. Macros from spinach will be minerals, but it will pack in extra vitamins!
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 580.3 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 16.3 g
- Cholesterol: 125.5 mg