I vaguely remember the Healthy Turkey Meatloaf recipe my dad would give step by step over the phone.
- 1 pound ground turkey (93/7)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (for Paleo, use flax meal)
- ½ tablespoon of Savory All-Purpose Seasoning mix by McCormick
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons pureed tomatoes (from diced canned tomatoes will do)
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place panko breadcrumbs and savory seasoning mix into magic bullet (or food processor) and blend together until panko is more finely ground. Mix in with ground turkey in a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop red onion, and place in magic bullet to puree. Add and mix into ground turkey.
- Add thyme, 2 tablespoons pureed tomato, mustard, salt, and egg to turkey. Season with generous shakes of pepper. Mix together.
- Place meatloaf into a 9 x 5 non-stick bread pan or desired dish.
- Mix the egg white and one tablespoon of pureed tomato together, and spoon over the top of the loaf. Place in oven. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until internal temperature of meatloaf is 180 degrees. I suggest checking after 1 hour, then checking every 5 to 10 minutes until it reaches 180.
1 serving is 6 Weight Watchers points.
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: ¼ loaf
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 2.5
- Sodium: 332
- Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 26.3
- Cholesterol: 126