These cooked garlic roasted pumpkin seeds were always my favorite part of pumpkin carving. It is so easy to do and such a delicious snack!
- Seeds from a large pumpkin turned jack-o-lantern or pie
- 3–4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (maybe more depending on how many seeds you have)
- garlic powder
- Separate all the seeds from the guts of the pumpkin. Rinse them clean in a strainer.
- Soak the cleaned seeds in a bowl with water and garlic salt for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain the seeds, and lightly pat them dry with a paper towel. Add to a bowl, and add EVOO. Stir to lightly coat in oil.
- The layout on a non-stick sprayed baking pan and lightly dust with garlic powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Roast additional 5-10 minutes until golden or desired crispiness.
- Category: Healthy Snacks