A super easy shrimp pasta salad with shells and peas—this has lots of veggies and is made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo!
- 2 cups small shells, uncooked
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced red pepper
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups peas
- 8 oz. tiny or small shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 6 oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large kettle, bring water to boil. Add pasta, and boil approximately 10 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Strain pasta and add to a large bowl. Mix in about ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Let pasta cool to room temperature.
- While pasta is cooling, prepare vegetables as described above. If using frozen peas, thaw and set aside. If using canned shrimp, strain and set in the fridge.
- Once pasta is cooled, mix in all vegetables and shrimp. Then, mix in Greek yogurt and remaining olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste preference.
- Category: Salads
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 278 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g