Stir fry is usually served on a bed of brown rice. Last night I chose to forgo the rice and made a plate solely of beef and cashew stir fry.
- 1 pound strips of lean beef for stir fry or lean steak
- 8–10 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cashew halves and pieces
- red pepper flakes or crushed red pepper (optional for spice)
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cooked strips of beef in ½ tablespoon EVOO. Add seasonings and soy sauce while cooking. Cook about 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- In a separate skillet, saute veggies in remaining EVOO and broth until mushrooms are cooked. Green pepper and onion should be slightly crisp.
- Combine veggies, meat, and cashews. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve solo or on brown rice.
- Category: Dinner