This 5 ingredient spaghetti squash with pasta sauce recipe lets you have a healthy dinner on the table with little effort in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 jar of Victoria’s marinara sauce (or other sauce of choice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- optional: your own pasta seasoning blend if you like extra flavor/spice, but you don’t really need it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, place a skillet over medium heat—brown ground turkey.
- Once turkey is cooked, add red onion. Cook until sauteed.
- Pour in sauce and tomatoes. Also add additional seasonings if desired. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooked for 25 minutes, remove and let cook for a few minutes. Then take a fork and shred the meat of the sauce into it’s spaghetti-like form.
- Serve spaghetti squash with pasta sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 1276 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg