I’ve been looking for some new breakfast ideas, and just bought some fresh blueberries yesterday. With that in mind, this morning I made (my first ever) muffins from scratch! I’ve even given you my recipe for WIAW. 🙂
I’ve been trying to snack on more veggies lately. Today’s snack featured roasted chickpeas, but I’ve been getting in some good veggie and hummus combos!
|roasted chick peas today|
|veggies I eat at home|
|veggies I eat out! Yes..I like carrots.|
|cucumber has also been showing up a lot lately|
Salads do me well at lunch time. They’re light, and you get in a good couple servings of veggies and a protein. This one had iceberg lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, Feta cheese, and seasoned chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 almond milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (or less) of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add muffin cups to a muffin pan, and spray top of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder together. Add yogurt, almond milk, and egg. Stir until dry ingredients are mixed.
- Fold in blueberries and walnuts. Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle brown sugar to the muffin tops. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before taking muffins out of pan, then enjoy!
(Some of them I left without brown sugar on top.) I had one of these with breakfast today. I like to make muffins with yogurt instead of oil…it cuts down a little on the calories, and gives a thicker, more moist consistency of the muffin, which I like.
I think these will be showing up again in a snack very soon.