Hello, my friends. I’m currently on a plane, making our way back to the U.S. of A!
We talked Friday about how I need to start taking my own advice. That advice comes in many different forms. Including my own meal plans!
I used to try and be overly ambitious with dinners during the week. Usually, I’d carry my meal plans out. But lately – life has been CRAZY – and it’s been easier to just grab something that was prepped for the fridge for extra lunches.
I need to start more closely following my ‘choose two’ advice I give my clients. I think there can be some leeway here, as weekends generally don’t even need planned out us. We enjoy cooking and making dinners together, and Friday/Saturday/Sunday dinners are usually more relaxed and not scrambling for something to eat.
For that reason, I am choosing to start making more involved recipes – and trying new recipes – strictly on the weekends.
I’m testing out my meal planning post in my ‘choose two‘ although you’ll see this week I have one option for Breakfast and Lunch for simplicity since we’ve bden gone.
I’m hoping this is a more realistic meal plan for others who are busy we like we are!
Along with each type of meal that is planned, I’ll make a note of what I need to prep.
Let me know what you think of it!
Weekly Meal Plan
- Scrambled eggs – chop bell peppers and onions for scrambles.
Lunches – will make 8 total
- Healthy Sloppy Joes – prepped on stove top
- Green Beans – frozen organic, prepped on stove top
- Jasmine Rice – prepped in rice cooker
- Shredded Fajita Chicken Salads – will make in crockpot so its ready for salads
- Veggies – chop bell peppers, red onion, cucumbers for salad
- Other toppings – black beans, shredded cheese, avocado
- Green Spicy Tuna Casserole – will make Wednesday night
- Shakeology – will bring to work
- Daisy 2% cottage cheese – will bring to work
- Veggies – chop raw cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers
- Crockpot applesauce
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – working on recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Homemade Whole Wheat Crust – newish recipe