I’ve gotta tell you guys. Not every recipe I try to create turns out great.
Remember those zucchini egg muffin bakes I had planned for last week? They were a total flop.
I’m not sure why I ever though zucchini would work well with eggs – especially when it’s baked inside. Zucchini is a pretty watery vegetable. I spiralized the zucchini first and tried to squeeze some water out of it but I think zoodles are best made in a skillet with a tiny bit of oil. Mostly I was just sad to have to throw out eggs and bacon, since those are desired commodities in our home! But, you live and you learn not to bake zucchini in eggs ever again.
We’ve probably got about another week of fairly simple meal plans, though I want to head to the store today to grab some spiralizable veggies. Zucchinis, white and sweet potatoes…maybe even some egg plant? I don’t know, I think we get crazy with it! I’ve had some requests to post about this spiralizer, so be on the lookout for one soon!
Weekly Meal Plan
- Fried eggs with sauteed mushroom and onions – perhaps I’ll make this a legit recipe soon, because it’s pretty fantastic
- Crockpot shredded chicken
- Frozen roasted broccoli
- Creole Apple Turkey Burgers
- Healthy baked french fries
- Romaine side salads with garlic avocado dressing
- Leftovers or something easy, we’ll be going to a happy hour for a friend
- Blueberry muffins
- Crock Pot Applesauce
- Cheese and crackers
- Shakeology ice cream
- Bananas with homemade peanut butter
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Homemade pizza
What I Prepped Yesterday/Will Prep Today
- Crockpot chicken
- Roasted broccoli
- Boiled and buttered corn
- Chopped veggies for salads
- I also might try making some roasted red pepper hummus today!
Recipes in This Meal Plan
Linking up with The Organizing Junkie!