Somehow we managed to spend a larger than usual chunk of our grocery money earlier in the month.
I know it happened – Costco. And a bit of laziness. We bought frozen pizzas, which we don’t normally get, and some other bigger ticket items ($10+) that we had run out of from a couple months ago. Because of this, we’re planning meals the next couple weeks based solely on the food we have in the house, and we’ll pinch out the remaining $25 we have left in our fund for a few staples we might need.
Read ‘staples’ as fresh veggies! We usually have to pick up some extra spinach and bell peppers throughout the week, since we can buy other veggies in bulk which stay fresh longer. And eggs. We go through eggs superfast. Because I’m obsessed!
We have a lot to pack into our morning today before we head off to a St. Patty’s Day party this afternoon. I was also just informed that it’s Selection Sunday (I knew it was happening one of these days, since Kyle has been biting his nails after every Indiana loss the last couple weeks…) so we may be staying later than I anticipated in order to see whether the Hoosiers do or don’t make the tournament. You’ll likely find me in the corner chowing down on food from the buffet… 🙂
Happy Sunday, my friends!
Weekly Meal Plan
- Zucchini Egg Muffin Cups – new recipe I’m trying out
- Savory Pulled Pork
- Honey roasted carrots
- Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
- Roasted Broccoli
- Pasta salad – leftover from the weekend
- TBD – bringing dinner to friends with a newborn
- Spinach cream sauce pasta based off the Stuffed Shells recipe – grocery money is running low from some bigger items we bought earlier in the month, so we’re using pasta we have!
- Side salads with avocado garlic dressing
- Blueberry muffins
- String cheese
- Cheese and crackers
- Shakeology ice cream
- Bananas with homemade peanut butter
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Homemade pizza
What I Prepped Yesterday/Will Prep Today
- Zucchini muffin cups
- Pulled pork
- Turkey meatloaf
- Roasted carrots
- Boiled and buttered corn
- Roasted broccoli
- Chopped veggies for salads
Recipes in This Meal Plan
Linking up with The Organizing Junkie!