Being completely honest, this week was a little different than most weeks. We relied a little more on convenience items. This was a combination of using what we have at home to stretch out going to the grocery for another week. And a combination of eating what we’re craving. Sometimes, these things happen. And that’s okay! Especially when you’re pregnant…
Yes, you’re going to see a very unlikely ‘Slim Sanity’ food in my meal plan below. We had pizza rolls for dinner one night! This was a Kyle craving last weekend, and we had a bunch leftover. I’ve been craving pizza like mad these days, and it was just too easy to have for dinner. If you count Friday, which I don’t normally include in a meal plan, I had pizza for dinner three nights last week. I actually didn’t even realize that until now. But hey…I’m not really mad about it.
Kyle was pretty busy last week with a work event one night and basketball another. We also went out to dinner one night, because we had our last weeknight baby class at the hospital. With busy nights and a ‘use what we have’ approach to meal planning, I’d say it really didn’t turn out too bad!
With baby only 43 days away, we’re most likely going to rely a little more on convenience items than we’re used to doing. At least for a while. Which is why I’ve been scoping out healthier options at Costco each time we go!
Veggie scrambles or breakfast burritos
Crockpot asian chicken and broccoli dish I’m trying out. Served with quinoa.
- Leftover homemade pizza and pizza rolls
- Spaghetti squash with pasta sauce
- Annie’s cheddar shells and cheese with peas
- We went out one night since we had a baby class (again, last week night one)…and got pizza
- Banana oat muffins (new recipe)
- Granola bars
- Crackers and Laughing Cow
- Broccoli slaw salad
What we prepped and when
- Crockpot chicken and broccoli dish
- Spiralized sweet potatoes for breakfast
During the week
- Roasted spaghetti squash and made the pasta sauce
- Also made the mac ‘n cheese, since that is fairly easy to make