It’s funny how the older you get, the more you start to value weekends spent at home. I used to suffer from severe FOMO (fear of missing out). These days, I am content bustling around at home and watching a movie and/or Netflix with the hubs on a Saturday night! Some of that probably has to do with the fact that adult beverages are out of the question, and that I get tired so damn early…but still, yesterday was really productive and I got to relax in the evening and it was beautiful.
Yesterday part of my productivity was working on the blog. Surprise, surprise. I did a couple recipe shoots and inventoried all my old recipes that I have been wanting to re-shoot and update. Turns out, there are more I want to re-shoot than not. Ah! I guess that is what 3 years of blogging without a DSLR will do! I also realized just how many dinner recipes there are on the blog! I thought I was lacking in them, but I just haven’t been working on many new ones. My goal this year is to update and reshare some golden oldies and come up with some new creations. This week starts with crockpot spicy asian chicken. Yum!
On to the meal plan, so I can go grocery shop!
- Homemade Frozen Breakfast Burritos
- Healthy Sloppy Joes
- Black beans
- Snap peas (these don’t need prepped, you can microwave them with the rest of your lunch and they’re perfectly warm and crispy)
- Chocolate peanut butter energy bites
- Crockpot applesauce and Greek yogurt bowls
- Carrot chips and Greek yogurt spinach dip
What I Will Prep Today
- Sloppy joes
- Black beans in the crockpot
- Boil frozen corn
- Turkey meatloaf
- Thaw chicken
- Spiralize zucchini
- Scramble eggs and roll breakfast burritos
- Energy balls
- I made spinach dip yesterday