Follow this blog with Bloglovin’
Only 139 days until we get hitched.
That means that my last wedding planning update was over 100 days ago. Wow! These next 5 months are going to fly by.
So, since the last update, we’ve gotten the following things done.
- Chose our meal for the reception. We’re going with the caterer at the actual venue. We’ll be doing a hog roast (no, the hog won’t be visible, which was my first objection.) That will include a pulled pork buffet with mashed potatoes, some hot veggie sides TBD, cole slaw, and some other fixings.
- Waiting to hear back from a band we’d like to book. If they can’t play, we will probably do a DJ unless we find another great option.
- Purchased wedding bands! We found what we thought were good deals at Zales.
- You guys know I bought my dress, right? Well I also picked out shoes. My second favorite part!
- Chose tuxes for groom and groomsmen. They are a light grey Calvin Klein edition from Men’s Wearhouse.
- We registered for gifts at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, and Target.
- We also sent out Save the Dates!
- We chose the music for the ceremony at the church.
- Picked a cake. Doing a 4 tier with a quilted pattern. Chocolate, raspberry, and vanilla. So delicious! Kyle’s Dad said it was the best wedding cake he’d ever had, and he doesn’t usually like wedding cake.
- When we were back for Christmas, I met with the decorator. Really loving what we will be doing!
- I had a bridal shower back in Indiana. It was fun! Got some good kitchen things too. Food processor!
- I also met with the florist. We went through some pictures of what I’d like, based on our wedding color scheme. Here is an example of one I love. I plan on adding more pink to them, and hopefully peonies in mine!
- We got another set of engagement pictures done too. They came with our wedding package at Holly Heath Photography. Holly did a WONDERFUL job with our session! If you are in the northern Indiana area and looking for a photographer, I recommend her!
- I picked out the cutest flower girl dresses ever. They are bright pink to match our colors. 🙂
- Kyle bought our plane tickets for the wedding this week too!
I may be missing a few little things, but that’s about it.
Things I’m working on now:
- Making reception cards for the invitations.
- Addressing and stamping invitations and RSVP cards. #handcramp
- Looking for guest book, flower girl baskets, and wedding candle.
- Putting together and printing a program. I’m making these myself to save some money.
- Still working on wine bottles.
- Still debating honeymoon. This is extremely dependent on what happens when I graduate. Whatever we plan to do, big or small, it will be wonderful!
Luckily, there have not been any other mishaps like the invitations. We’ve also been pretty good about getting everything under our planned budget, which rocks.
While we’re talking weddings, I’d like to extend a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Bridget at DIY Playbook. She and her hubby Matt tied the knot last weekend! Head over to DIY Playbook to check out some of her wedding deets!
What is your favorite part about weddings? If you are married, what was your favorite part about planning?