This Sweet Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad with Bacon is the perfect side for a cookout this summer! It is light and flavorful with a crunch from fresh veggies.
It’s so good I made it twice within one week. Twice! It was a hit among our family visiting. Any time I make a veggie dish that everyone loves is a definite win in my recipe book. Although, I may not be able to take complete credit for this one!
This sweet cauliflower and broccoli salad with bacon is a healthy spin off a favorite summer cookout side that my mom always used to make. It brings back the memories of grilling out, hanging by the pool and enjoying great company over a delicious meal! And getting sun burnt before we knew that was actually a bad thing, not just a quick way to get a tan. I have a few of these ‘nostalgic’ recipes up my sleeve, but this is one of the best. Because it’s veggilicious, of course! And this time it’s featuring some ingredients from Sprouts, making it a better for you recipe than the original version. But don’t worry, it’s just as delicious! And it has bacon, so there’s that.
I was beyond excited when Sprouts reached out to me about creating a summer recipe featuring their own line of products. I’ve been familiar with Sprouts only for the last few years, since their stores aren’t located in the Midwest. I’ve known them for their great produce selection, and was interested in trying out some of their other products! I was pleasantly surprised at the wide variety of options available!
Even though I went in with an open mind to all the products I could use in a recipe, I knew I wanted to give this broccoli salad a go. Which meant that light mayo and organic honey were the winners for summer salad ingredients! I had only made this salad with refined sugar in the past. But the honey gave it the perfect sweet flavor to complement the savory bacon and fresh veggies. The dressing is light but super flavorful, and since it uses fresh cauliflower and broccoli, it’s a crunchy texture that beats cooked veggies any day!
And I know you can’t pass up a recipe that will get your family to eat veggies. That’s practically illegal. Make sure you don’t miss this one!
Sweet Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1.25 pounds broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1.5 cups chopped mini bell peppers
- 0.5 cups chopped red onion
- 0.75 cups Sprouts Light Mayo
- 3 tablespoons Sprouts Organic Honey
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, flipping every few minutes until crispy. Once the bacon is cooked, place it on a paper towel to remove any excess grease. Let cool.
- While the bacon is cooking, wash and chop produce. Add produce to a large bowl.
- Crumble up the bacon and add to the bowl with veggies.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the light mayo and honey together completely. Pour mixture over the veggies. Stir to completely coat.
- Serve the salad chilled.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All thoughts and opinions about this original recipe are my own.