Summer Veggie Corn Chowder
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked and cut from the cob
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 16 oz can full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- Begin by prepping all vegetables as listed above.
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and cumin in coconut oil. Cook until onions start to become translucent.
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add the zucchini, corn and creole seasoning. Simmer additional 10 minutes.
- Puree desired amount of soup. If using a blender, start by removing about two cups worth. If using an immersion blender, blend as much as you'd like to get the consistency you want.
- Stir in the coconut milk and serve!
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/summer-veggie-corn-chowder/