This dairy-free summer veggie corn chowder recipe is made with fresh sweet corn, zucchini, carrots and onion with creole seasoning for a delicious spicy flavor.
Once again, coconut milk saves the day for this dairy-free summer veggie corn chowder recipe!
Creamy soups are one of my go-to comfort foods, but it’s nearly impossible to find a store-bought version that is dairy-free. And most classic recipes aren’t dairy-free either, and even the healthy loaded potato soup recipe I adapted from my grandpa’s recipe has evaporated milk in it!
Now that fall is coming, it’s the perfect time to experiment with other alternatives to achieve a delicious, creamy soup without all the dairy ingredients.
But I am the weirdo that craves soup in the summer, so naturally I went for a summer version too!
Honestly, one of the easiest ways to make a creamy soup is to blend part of the ingredients. I don’t like to blend the whole thing, because I also like chunky soups. You can do this pretty easily one of two ways:
- Put half the soup in blender, then pour it back in
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to get the consistency you want!
I have this Cuisinart immersion blender and I love it! The only time it really gets used is when I am making soup, but it was well worth the purchase in my opinion!
Summer Veggie Corn Chowder Grocery List
While some of these veggies are more year-round of winter veggies, this soup does feature two of my favorite summertime veggies: sweet corn and zucchini! Don’t forget to add these to your grocery list.
- Russet potatoes
- sweet corn
- red onion
- minced garlic
- coconut oil
- coconut milk (unsweetened, full fat)
- creole seasoning (we use Tony Chachere’s)
This soup is all made in one pot, which is another bonus. Having fewer dishes is always a win in my kitchen! Don’t forget to save the recipe below, then get cooking!
(Disclaimer: The above contains Amazon Affiliate links for products we use. I earn a small commission for any products purchased!)
Summer Veggie Corn Chowder
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked and cut from the cob
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 16 oz can full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- Begin by prepping all vegetables as listed above.
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and cumin in coconut oil. Cook until onions start to become translucent.
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add the zucchini, corn and creole seasoning. Simmer additional 10 minutes.
- Puree desired amount of soup. If using a blender, start by removing about two cups worth. If using an immersion blender, blend as much as you’d like to get the consistency you want.
- Stir in the coconut milk and serve!