A delicious and healthy white sauce pizza made with Greek yogurt and spinach. Just add chicken and all your favorite toppings!
If you’ve seen any of my meal plans, you know the Sunday routine around here.
Okay, well sometimes it’s Friday night. Or Friday and Sunday night. But who can really ever have enough pizza? (Seriously.) One of the many reasons Kyle and I are perfect for each other is that we both have the same food vices. Pizza comes in on top. Maybe that doesn’t necessarily make us perfect for eachother, and it more or less just makes us normal. Whatevs.
Pizza always used to be associated as a ‘bad’ food for me. Especially a white sauce pizza! That changed when I figured out how to make it healthier. There are still times when we will order one from our favorite restaurants (or a cheap Domino’s special), but homemade pizzas are so much fun. They can be healthy, too!
A pizza can be nutritious by adding extra veggies. Cheese isn’t really that bad if you don’t overdo it. This white sauce pizza packs extra lean protein from the Greek yogurt used to make the sauce—and by using chicken instead of pepperoni or sausage. The three cups of spinach in the white sauce doesn’t hurt, either!
You also NEED to make this pizza with a whole wheat crust. This is really SO easy to do. Making your own pizza is a fun family activity, too. 🙂 Just add some wine and your favorite Spotify station. Can someone say…cheap date night?!
Just take a look at the nutrition stats below. I’m telling you—this pizza rocks. Healthy homemade pizza is where it’s at!
Spinach and Chicken White Sauce Pizza
- Dry pizza crust mix (or see link below for approved homemade crust)
- 3 cups spinach, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz chicken breast
- veggie toppings of choice (not included in nutritional information)
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) as needed
- Make pizza crust and preheat oven according to instructions (or follow this homemade pizza crust recipe).
- In a skillet, saute spinach and minced garlic in a swirl of EVOO.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes*. To make white sauce, stir in Greek yogurt, garlic salt, and onion powder.
- Spread sauce onto crust.
- Layer evenly with cheese.
- Layer with chicken and veggies.
- Bake according to crust instructions.
Pictures show a double recipe.*If you don't let the spinach and pan cool, the Greek yogurt may curdle in the pan.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.9 g
Saturated Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 17.1 mg
Sodium 372.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.5 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.