If you’re looking to replace steamed veggies at your dinner table, you need to try this easy rosemary roasted broccoli with toasted pine nuts recipe!
My hands-down favorite way to eat broccoli is by roasting it. Although you can roast frozen broccoli super easily for a tasty side dish, you can take it one step further with some fresh herbs and pine nuts!
This rosemary roasted broccoli with toasted pine nuts is a tasty pair for anything you serve at dinner time. Plus, roasted broccoli is almost a guaranteed way to get your kids to eat vegetables.
At least, it has been for me!
Strangely enough, roasted broccoli is one of Brooklyn’s favorite foods. What is weirder is that she loves to eat it cold…she must take after me—I almost always prefer a dish cold over served hot.
It’s okay. I embrace the weirdness.
All you need for this dish is:
- fresh broccoli
- pine nuts
- garlic powder
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Read on to learn how to make this delicious dish!
This recipe is revived from the past, originally guest-posted on Zen and Spice.
- 1 pound broccoli
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop broccoli into small florets, and add to a bowl.
- Sprinkle rosemary, garlic and EVOO over broccoli. Cover bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread broccoli out on a pan, and lightly coat with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, until broccoli is crispy.
- While broccoli is cooking, put a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add pine nuts. Stir frequently, and toast for about 3-5 minutes until nuts are golden brown.
- Once broccoli is done, add to a bowl and pour pine nuts on top to serve.