This is a repeat dinner side dish on our weekly menu, one of my favorites! Again, a dish that doesn’t take too long to prepare. I’ve been looking for different ways to cook veggies other than steaming them…that gets boring after a while! I’ve found that roasting is a technique my taste buds enjoy.
- one head cauliflower
- one head garlic
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 3 Tbs pine nuts
- 1/4 parsley
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into florets. Peel skins from garlic cloves, and chop into small pieces.
- Add cauliflower and garlic to mixing bowl, preferably with a lid. Add 1.5 Tbs EVOO, generous amounts of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place cauliflower on a metal baking sheet, roast for 20 minutes. Stir half way through.
- While cauliflower is roasting, toast pine nuts on a skillet over medium heat. Watch carefully, because they burn easily! Set aside once toasted.
- Once cauliflower is finished, add back to mixing bowl, along with remaining EVOO, parsley, and pine nuts. Mix.