And… I’ve done it again.
You’re probably thinking, ‘Another muffin recipe?!’ Well, yes. Yes, it is. But actually, what I’ve done again is forgotten to post a recipe. Or, just put off posting until the perfect time, which I suppose is now! This one is actually from about a month and a half ago when I was on a big muffin kick. In fact, I haven’t made muffins in almost two weeks now… maybe it’s time to whip up a batch?
Perhaps I will pop these Banana Coco-Chip Muffins in the oven!
I intended these to be ‘no sugar’ until I realized the sweetener I used is actually a ‘reduced sugar.’ It was a sample of PreSweet Tagatose I received from NuNaturals a while back.
Well, plus they have mini chocolate chips in them so I suppose they couldn’t be ‘no sugar’ after all, could they? In any case, they were delicious!
Reduced Sugar Banana Coco-Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 bananas, mushed
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup PreSweet Tagatose by NuNaturals
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and protein powder.
- In a larger bowl, mash bananas. Mix in egg, tagatose, cottage cheese, and almond milk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Spray a muffin tin and pour into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
Do you ever make muffins without foil liners? I don’t ever use them anymore!