Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 30-35 cooked shrimp, thawed
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cups spinach, chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- 15-20 spears asparagus, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup pesto (we used Classico Traditional Basil)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half, and scoop out seeds. Face down on a pan and bake for 30 minutes. Begin prepping veggies and thawing shrimp.
- Once cooked, let cool. Shred and scoop the meat of the squash into a sauce pan.
- Begin to saute asparagus in EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. (Asparagus takes a little longer than the rest of the veggies to cook.) Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add bell pepper, shrimp, garlic, and butter. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Put squash on low heat and mix in pesto. Keep warm.
- Add spinach to shrimp and veggies and cook down. Add tomatoes and cook additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve shrimp and veggies over spaghetti squash.
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/pesto-spaghetti-squash-with-shrimp/