Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (canned are good, as long as thoroughly rinsed)
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
- 2/3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or any dark chocolate of choice)
- Add chickpeas to a food processor. Process on low until you have a crumblike consistency (2-5 minutes).
- Add peanut butter and protein powder to chickpeas. Continue to process another 3-5 minutes until your mix becomes more smooth.
- Add honey, and mixture should become completely smooth in 1-2 minutes.
- Add mixture to a bowl and mash in crispy rice cereal.
- Form into balls about the size of a tablespoon, and place on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Once balls are frozen, melt chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds until completely melted.
- Stir truffles into melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Freeze and additional 30 - 60 minutes.
- Truffles can be stored in freezer or refrigerator!
Calories are for 1/4 cups of melted dark chocolate chips as coating.1 truffle is 3 Weight Watchers points.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.6 g
Unsaturated Fat 3.1 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 79.8 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 3.8 g
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/peanut-butter-truffles/