Last week’s change in strategy for meal planning went perfectly.
Although prepping a full week of meals can be convenient, we both really enjoy cooking and we were missing this time together during the week. Spending time cooking dinner in the evenings helps get us off the couch at night and keeps us from being lazy. When we cook dinner, we’re more prone to eat dinner at the table instead of in front of the TV. We’re also more likely to clean up the kitchen and go for a walk.
We also weren’t lacking time or prepared food to grab for lunch the next day. So we’re giving this thing another go!
- Monday: Turkey meatloaf and pureed cauliflower
- Tuesday: Stuffed chicken and sauteed Brussel sprouts (something new)
- Wednesday: Creole apple turkey burgers and carrot fries
- Thursday: Thai chicken and zucchini noodles with spicy peanut sauce
- Friday: Out with friends
- Carrots and pistachio cashew butter
- Gala Apples
- Cashews and almonds
- Paleo snack pack: Hard-boiled eggs, bacon and cucumbers
What I Prepped Yesterday/Will Prep Today
- Applesauce for burgers
- Chop carrots
- Peanut butter
- Thaw out all meat
- Quinoa – good to have around for extra carbs
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Wash and chop fruit and veggies