I talked last week about switching up the meal plan routine.
Part of that is how I’m actually going about meal planning! I am no longer going to batch prep food to bring for lunch.
We’re wanting more variety during the week. Although all our food is delicious, we want more options, more often. We might change this in the future, but for now we’ll be planning on leftovers for lunch. This might sound like even more redundancy than before, but this way we’re only eating the same thing twice (dinner and lunch) instead of the same thing Monday—Friday at lunch. And sometimes dinner! Doing leftovers makes lunch prep easier. We’re making dinner every night anyway, so we’ll just make a little bit extra and be sure when we’re cleaning up the kitchen, we pack up our lunches in the process.
We’ll see how this goes! I still plan on doing some level of food prep. We need snacks ready to go, and there are always some ingredients for recipes you can prepare ahead of time like cooking some meat, quinoa, washing vegetables, etc.
Here we go with this week’s modified meal plan!
- Monday: Paleo power salads with lemon chia vinaigrette dressing
- Tuesday: Shredded chicken with asparagus pesto, quinoa and mini bell peppers
- Wednesday: Tangy crockpot meatballs with sauteed Brussel sprouts
- Thursday: Almond crusted chicken with lemon zucchini noodles (new recipe)
- Friday: Shrimp stir fry with coconut rice (new recipe)
- Carrots and pistachio cashew butter
- Gala Apples
- Cashews and almonds
- Paleo snack pack: Hard-boiled eggs, bacon and cucumbers
What I Prepped Yesterday/Will Prep Today
- Shredded chicken
- Salad dressing
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Nut butter
- Spiralize zucchini
- Wash and chop fruit and veggies