Well hello there! It has really been quite a while, hasn’t it?
I finally got a recipe up for y’all last Friday. I think it had been the better part of two weeks?? It seems crazy to have disconnected for so long. But honestly, the time has been going by so fast I hardly missed it. Which is honestly even weirder.
The new job has been keeping me busy, and I’m loving it. But time on the weekends has been just as occupied with being a social butter fly – and RAIN. Oh, the freakin’ rain. I know we’re all so over complaining about the weather, but the rain and cloudy skies have totally been cramping my food photography style. And attitude in general. And my dogs’ abilities to not whine. No one likes being trapped indoors for so long!
Anywho, as much as I love the new job, it’s becoming old news. We need some new topics of conversation – like, maybe, these Paleo meal plans. Becaaaaaause guess what! I’ve decided I’m going to start following Paleo with Kyle. But only during the week. Don’t judge me, but I like cheese and I DON’T like restriction, so we’re just gonna try this out for a while!
Actually this whole idea has come from the fact that I really haven’t been feeling my best lately, and I believe it might be a direct correlation to my recent over-consumption of cheese and anything with sugar. I’m thinking this might help.
Two things you shouldn’t worry about:
- I’m not gonna half-ass Paleo the rest of my life. I will likely incorporate cheese and legumes back into my diet soon-ish. I just wanna give this a try and see how it goes.
- Not all the recipes on Slim Sanity are gonna turn Paleo – although there may be more of them popping up here and there. I’m determined to make Paleo sound fun – and I don’t mean just eating bacon 24/7. That’s actually the main reason I’m doing Paleo only during the week. The blog recipes usually get made on the weekends, so I can taste test any non-Paleo creations I choose to concur.
So there you have it. The latest and greatest of all decisions in my life, besides choosing to re-watch all 8 seasons of Entourage before the movie comes out. Holla!
- Fried eggs with creole cherry tomato and red onion saute
- Paleo chef salads – new recipe, will probably involve grilled chicken
- Honey sriracha vinaigrette
- Homemade pizza – Yea, okay I know, it’s not Paleo…either Kyle will have a cheat or be totally jealous while I eat it!
What I Prepped Yesterday/Will Prep Today
- Crockpot applesauce
- Grilled pork roast
- Grilled chicken
- Sloppy joes
- Roasted green beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Roasted broccoli