Today, I have another guest post for you! This amazing recipe comes from Lindsay, one of my favorite bloggers out there. Take it away, girl!
Hello fellow Slim Sanity lovers!
My name is Lindsay and I’m a Registered Dietitian and blogger over at The Lean Green Bean. I’m honored to be filing in for A today! She’s been a longtime supporter of my blog and I’m equally as fond of hers.
So, we all know that the holidays are rapidly approaching…and with that comes lots of parties! Do you know what I love most about parties? The food! Especially appetizers. I LOVE getting to eat a little bit of a lot of different things!
Just in case you’re got some holiday parties on your calendar, I thought I’d share a quick, easy appetizer with you! (Side note- I’m a sucker for anything mini) The best part about this recipe is that there are no real quantities. You can make as many or as few as you’d like with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need!
Mini Pesto Bruschetta Cups
- wonton wrappers
- olive oil/cooking spray
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- Spray a mini muffin tin with EVOO or cooking spray.
- Press one wonton wrapper into each hole. If the wrappers have been in the fridge, press them between your hands for a few seconds to warm them up so they don’t rip. Mist the wrappers with EVOO or cooking spray.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven at 400 degrees for 4 minutes or until the wonton wrappers are just brown on the tips.
- Remove from the oven, spoon a little pesto into the bottom of each cup and top with a small piece of fresh mozzarella.
- Return the pan to the oven for 4 more minutes. Remove when the wontons turn a nice golden brown on the edges.
- Top each cup with a few pieces of diced tomatoes and a little bit of fresh basil
Note- If you like your tomatoes warm, you can add them when you add the pesto and cheese!
Aren’t they just so cute and festive?! The perfect twist on traditional bruschetta.
What’s your favorite party appetizer?