Low carb and ‘keto’ are becoming popular styles of eating in the health industry.
While we don’t completely follow a ‘keto lifestyle’ at home, we’ve adopted a macro-phasing diet. Many days are low carb, but we do have high carb days so our body doesn’t get used to doing the same thing over and over!
But, it can be tricky to find meals that don’t bore you when you’re trying to eat low carb. Especially if you enjoy higher carb foods like pasta!
This keto chicken alfredo is a delicious substitute for low carb days, that reheats well if you pack it for lunch.
Keto Chicken Alfredo
2 tbsp butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
salt / pepper
1 pound chicken breast, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups spinach
1 package Healthy Noodle (or similar keto/low carb noodle)
1) Bring a skillet to medium heat, and melt butter with garlic powder.
2) Once melted, add cream and Parmesan. Bring to a simmer to melt cheese, but do not boil. Add more Parmesan as you go to thicken up the sauce as needed!
3) Bring a separate skillet to medium heat, and add olive oil. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
4) Add chicken to sauce, along with spinach.
5) Once spinach is wilted, add one package of Healthy Noodle.
6) Divide into two portions. Eat immediately, or reheat for later!