Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
Yield 8 *
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or mix 1/2 and 1/2 with unbleached all purpose)
- 1 packet instant yeast
- approx. 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup hot water (hot from the tap)
- about 1 tablespoon EVOO (a drizzle or so)
- desired pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add oil and honey, then gradually stir in the hot water. Form dough into a ball.
- Knead on a floured surface for 3–4 minutes.
- Roll or press into desired size on a baking sheet or pizza stone. For thicker crust, make approximately 12-inch circle. For thinner crust, spread across a baking sheet.
- Add sauce and desired toppings.
- Bake 12–15 minutes until top and crust is a golden brown or cooked to preference.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting.
*12-inch crust makes 8 servings. A thinner crust can make approximately 20 pieces, cut in a square.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Sodium 149 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/homemade-whole-wheat-pizza-crust/