It’s no secret we love pizza. We typically have pizza every Sunday night for dinner.
Although, we are implementing a new rule that if we BOTH must hit our fitness goals for the week if we want to make or order pizza. I don’t think we will have too much of a problem with this though! 🙂
We’ve been making our own pizza at home more and more lately, and I put together my own whole wheat pizza crust recipe. I usually have all the ingredients on hand (I’ll buy instant yeast packets in bulk) and it’s SUPER easy to make!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or mix ½ and ½ with unbleached all purpose)
- 1 packet instant yeast
- approx. 2 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup hot water (hot from the tap)
- about 1 tablespoon EVOO (a drizzle or so)
- desired pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add oil and honey, then gradually stir in the hot water. Form dough into a ball.
- Knead on a floured surface for 3–4 minutes.
- Roll or press into desired size on a baking sheet or pizza stone. For thicker crust, make approximately 12-inch circle. For thinner crust, spread across a baking sheet.
- Add sauce and desired toppings.
- Bake 12–15 minutes until top and crust is a golden brown or cooked to preference.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting.
You could substitute for regular flour if you don’t have whole wheat. This crust is soft and fluffy. If you desired a thinner, crispier crust, try rolling it out thinner and baking it longer! (Note, I haven’t tried this YET, we are fluffy crust people!)
Do you like pizza? Is that a silly question? How often do you make pizza at home?