This creamy Greek yogurt spinach dip is a healthy and nutritious appetizer to serve at your next party! Or, your next Netflix session.
If you’re looking for ways to bring more spinach into your life, then this recipes is exactly what you need. I’m a total advocate for eating more veggies, but I’m also just like the average Joe. Eating veggies the same way can get really freaking boring after a while. You can only eat so many salads, and sometimes you need to transform your veggies into something that looks like you’d have to run a half marathon to burn it off.
But that’s where the trickery with Greek yogurt and The Laughing Cow comes into play. You’ll burn off this dip just by breathing during your Making a Murderer binge watching session. Not because its negative calories or anything, let’s not get that crazy. Because you have a metabolism. And this dip is super nutritious!
I typically suggest dips for parties and the like, but I’m in the business of being honest about my eating tendencies. Kyle and I often make dips on the weekend just for the two of us while we sit on the couch watching football or whatever. And only occasionally are they served with veggies. Usually it’s our homemade tortilla chips or crackers of some sort. Even though I did happen to serve this creamy Greek yogurt spinach dip with carrot chips, you don’t need to because eating this dip is practically like eating a vegetable.
Most of the time I’m sarcastic, but right now? Sort of, not really. There is one ounce of spinach in every serving. I’m fairly certain that is one serving of spinach! I used a power greens mix in this recipe, so there is some kale and other good for you greens in the mix. But regular spinach will just just fine!
Speaking of carrot chips, have you ever had them? They’re in the produce section of most grocery stores. Seriously genius.
I’m just gonna add one last caveat that it is almost the Superbowl. Which means, Superbowl parties and snacks. This is a must-bring recipe! You can save yourself some calories, since I’ve heard the average American eats anywhere from 1200-2400 calories during game time. You could even bring this just for yourself and not eat anything else, because the whole recipe is about 770 calories. You might not wanna share it anyway.
I’m not judging you. Just sayin’. 🙂
- 10-13 oz package fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 original Laughing Cow wedges (room temp)
- 5 oz water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- cayenne* (optional, only if you like spice!)
- Dice spinach into small pieces.
- Set a skillet to medium heat. Swirl pan with EVOO. Add spinach and minced garlic. Cover and let cook down, stirring every minute or so, about 3-5 minutes. Once sautéed, transfer spinach to a cutting board and cool.
- While sauteed spinach is cooling, chop water chestnuts into ⅛" to ¼" sized pieces.
- When spinach is cooled to touch, go through and chop again. This gets pieces that are bite sized enough for crackers.
- With a paper towel or your hands, squeeze excess water out of spinach. When the spinach cooks, it will retain a lot of water. You want to squeeze it out as best you can so your dip doesn’t become runny.
- In a large bowl, add Greek yogurt and laughing cow. Mix together thoroughly. Then mix in sauteed spinach, water chestnuts and garlic salt. Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve in bowl with cayenne sprinkled on top to taste.
Disclaimer: The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a $50 gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.