Gluten Free Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 zucchini, shredded with water squeezed out (about 2 cups pre-squeezed)
- 2 ripe bananas (equals about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (use a real maple syrup, not a HFCS kind)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Any of your other favorite mix-ins are totally acceptable
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, shred the zucchini. Measure out two cups worth, then squeeze all the water out using a paper towel or reusable cheesecloth. The paper towel may rip, so use a few sheets so you don't lose any of your zucchini.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Slowly stir the dry ingredients in.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Spray the muffin pan you're using, and evenly distribute the batter into the cups.
- Place in the oven to bake. If making mini muffins, check that a toothpick comes out clean around 15 minutes. If making larger muffins, check between 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating.
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/gluten-free-banana-zucchini-chocolate-chip-muffins/