These food prep roasted veggie quinoa bowls are an incredibly easy and healthy meal you can have ready for a meatless lunch or dinner throughout the week!
Since I haven’t been doing super official meal planning these days, I am living on recipes like these meatless food prep roasted veggie quinoa bowls. I call these ‘food prep’ bowls because it is as easy as prepping all your favorite plant-based ingredients and assembling them into the perfect lunch bowl!
Since being on this elimination diet, I’ve been focusing much more on eating plant-based and incorporating less meat. This has directly affected my lunch routine, where my salads and bowls are no longer featuring shredded chicken or taco meat. Instead, they are loaded with plant-based protein sources. Chickpeas, pumpkin seeds (or pepitas), quinoa and Brussels sprouts all have a reasonable amount of protein in them.
While I do still eat some meat, it is usually at dinner or sparingly throughout the day. I’ve noticed only positive results with this so far. I plan to keep this up so long as it is advised by my doctors!
Food Prep Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowls Grocery List
Put any of these ingredients you might be missing from your pantry on your grocery list! The print out the recipe below to prep these tasty roasted veggie quinoa bowls for the week.
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
- Canned chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Cilantro (garnish, optional)
- Radishes (optional)
What to Prep
Prepare these ingredients on the weekend and use at any time throughout the week. Both are staples in my home, and just happen to go together perfectly for a quick and easy healthy meal!
- Cook the quinoa
- Roast the veggies
Food Prep Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowls
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dice sweet potatoes. Peel before cutting if desired. Add to a large bowl.
- Wash and trim stems from Brussels sprouts. Cut in quarters. Add to large bowl
- Drain and thoroughly wash chickpeas. Add to large bowl.
- Drizzle approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil over veggies in bowl, and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread veggies out on a pan, and sprinkle with garlic salt, cumin or your other favorite seasonings.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While veggies are roasting, add water and quinoa to a pot and stir. Place on high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Once veggies and quinoa are done, assemble your bowl with avocado and any other desired toppings! Store leftovers in fridge for future meals.