Feta-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Black Bean Puree
- two chicken breasts
- 3/4 cups of Feta cheese crumbles
- 16 oz can of black beans
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the thawed chicken breasts so there is a pocket down the middle. Sear the sides of the chicken breast by cooking on each side in a skillet over medium heat with a swirl of EVOO. Once each side is browned, stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles.
- Place chicken into a baking pan coated in non-stick cooking spray. Season the tops of the chicken with chili powder and black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, begin making black bean puree. Add black beans and red pepper to blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth, adding chicken broth to desired consistency. Place pureed mixture into a pan and heat. Add remaining Feta cheese crumbles, red onion, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- When chicken is cooked, served over spinach with black bean puree on top.
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/feta-stuffed-chicken-with-black-bean-puree/