Crockpot Sweet Potato Bison Chili
- 1 pound ground bison (or meat of choice)
- 1 yellow onion (3 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large sweet potatoes (6 cups chopped)
- 3 16 oz. cans diced tomato
- 1 cup broth of choice (I used chicken)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- tortilla chips
- chopped onion
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add bison to skillet and cook until completely browned. Use spatula to chop into small pieces.
- Peel and dice the yellow onion and sweet potato per quantities listed above.
- Add all ingredients, plus cooked bison, to the crockpot. Stir to completely coat all vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high 6 hours.
- Stir everything up, then serve with your favorite toppings!
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/crockpot-sweet-potato-bison-chili/