Crockpot Broccoli Potato Soup
Yield 10 servings
- 4 regular/medium sized russet potatoes (about 2.5 pounds), washed
- 1 large bunch broccoli, chopped
- 5 carrots, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 pound cubed ham
- 1.5 cup regular unsweetened almond milk
- Wash and peel potatoes. (I like to leave small pieces of the peel on them.) Dice into 1/2 inch cubes. Add to crock pot.
- Dice broccoli, carrots and onion and add to crockpot.
- Pour in 2.5 cups chicken broth and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- Use a potato masher to mash up veggies in crockpot. Mash to your desired consistency (I leave mine a little chunkier.)
- Add ham, cheese, almond milk, and last 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Mix well. (Add more chicken broth is you want a thinner consistency.)
- Cook on low additional hour, or until flavors are cooked in.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Unsaturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 995 mg
Total Carbohydrates 36 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 16 g
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/crockpot-broccoli-potato-soup/