This creole black bean dip is made with mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken and a variety of spices that is perfect for veggies and chips!
Dip is also one of the snack choices I usually volunteer to bring to a party. There are so many scary looking, over-processed dips out there. You never really know what you’re gonna get—and it’s usually NOT nutrition!
This creole black bean dip a classic example of a spur of the moment I-need-a-dip-to-bring-to-this-party recipe.
I took a look into my pantry – no chickpeas. So, hummus is out.
I took a look into my fridge – no avocados. Guacamole is out.
I knew that my friends would be utterly disappointed that neither of my world famous dips would make it to the party to bask their chips and veggies (ok, just chips) in. I had to bring something that would serve as a worthy replacement.
Black beans were the obvious first choice. And with creole seasoning—it sounded like the perfect match! Then I added in some shredded chicken to give this healthy black bean dip a little bit of a different texture. The result was amazingness.
Uuuuh yea we’ve been a little obsessed with Creole seasoning lately. We use the blend by Tony Chachere. It’s been going on eggs, chicken, taco meat, homemade tortilla chips. And now into our dip too. Creole ALL the foods!
It might make our foods a little higher in sodium than they normally are, but we’ll just make sure to chug enough water to flush it all out. It’s totally worth it!
Creole Black Bean Dip
- 3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (or make your own in a crockpot)
- 6 oz shredded chicken, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, minced garlic, and chicken broth. Process until completely pureed.
- Transfer bean mixture to a crock pot on low heat.
- Stir in seasonings, chicken, onion and mozzarella cheese.
- Heat for one hour, until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Courses Appetizers & Dips