Follow my blog with Bloglovin’
If you’re a fan of the sweet and spicy combo, then this recipe is definitely for you!
Although, Kyle didn’t think these burgers had a lot of kick. He also puts habanero sauce on his sandwiches. To me, these Creole Apple Turkey Burgers had the perfect balance of sweetness and spice!
Creole Apple Turkey Burgers
- 20 oz 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons crockpot applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 cup panko (for Paleo, use flax meal)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook with EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat or grill.
Make it Paleo: use flax meal instead of breadcrumbs
You could also try making a more Mexican version of the burger by adding some different sides! This was Kyle’s dinner. He added salsa, avocado, refried beans, spinach, and Greek yogurt (just like sour cream!).