I was preparing dinner one night last week, and realized that I hadn’t really eaten anything green that day. I try not to let this happen often, but on busy days it certainly does from time to time! I wasn’t really in the mood for a salad, which is my go-to when I want some veggies. Instead, I combined some of my favorite green foods into a creamy green veggie pasta sauce for spaghetti.
Creamy Green Veggie Pasta Sauce
- 10-12 spears asparagus
- handful of spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 3 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- Snap asparagus into 1 inch pieces. In a skillet over medium heat, saute in a small bit of EVOO and chicken broth. After 3-5 minutes, add spinach and cook down. Saute another 3-5 minutes until asparagus is cooked.
- In a magic bullet of blender, blend sauteed veggies, 1 tablespoon chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and seasonings.
- Mix in a bowl with pasta and serve. Top with grated Parmesan if desired.